28.10.10

I'm on my Doobie Brothers tip with this one...

While perusing the forums this a.m. during a mean bout of insomnia, I came across a discussion about this gem. I love the gut feeling I get about an album, and I don't do much purchasing anymore, but I had to buy this immediately. An absolutely phenomenal release. I was immediately transported back to the early 1990's, but with the later complex rhymes. I had to go through this album twice straight through during the morning, and I'm still blown away.

That feeling not only brought me back about sitting and enjoying a good rap album, but more so music in general. Fort had made a blog a while back about not sitting and listening to music anymore. Kinda made me realize and agree. Music is there to calm my head, get me pumped up, get me through the day, but it's always on in the background while my mind runs about the monotony of the day. I hadn't sat and actually listened to an album in quite sometime. Blame it on the quality of music that has been coming out, or maybe my taste has shifted, I'm not too sure. But damned if I didn't feel good this a.m. just enjoying these layered samples, crisp and organic drum beats and awesome rhyme schemes.

I need to sit and do this quite a bit more. But fuck, more music needs to come out that will make me appreciate things again. Here's one of the samples, and it's got a bonus Schwarzenegger sample to start off. Here's to feelin' good all the time, again:



I still have goosebumps.

No comments: